TAPP will strive for better education in our school system, More than anytime in history our children are being taught to conform and not to challenge the system. They are not learning how to think for themselves, to critically analyse information, and to have a spirit of genuine inquiry into all things. We will ensure students are taught from a young age critical and analytical thinking, and to always evaluate and question. We will encourage the development of logic and reasoning, and inspire students to form their own opinions. We also encourage students to seek the truth at all times, as this process has shown that sometimes the majority is not always right. Schools are a place for open learning, and not the place for political agenda. We believe schools should be rewarding students that excel. We need to continue to improve the literacy and numeracy standards of our students. We will also give Parents the choice and financial support for Home schooling.
The following benefits may be found in home school education:
TAPP believes no nation can remain free when the state has greater influence over the knowledge and values transmitted to children than the family does and the truth is, no big government spending program can or will solve our nation’s education problems, one-size-fits-all central planning simply does not work.
TAPP has been a consistent supporter of home schooling and educational freedom, being a home schooling parent takes a unique dedication to family and education.
It’s absurd and anti-life to be part of a system that compels you to sit in confinement with people of exactly the same age and social class. That system effectively cuts you off from the immense diversity of life and the synergy of variety; indeed it cuts you off from your own past and future, sealing you in a continuous present much the same way television does .
John Taylor Gatto
Financial incentives for Home Schooling
In many cases, home schooling families must forgo the second income of one parent, as well as incur the costs of paying for textbooks, computers, and other school supplies.
And with combined taxes taking almost 50 percent of the average family’s income, there is little left over for low- and middle-class parents to even consider other educational opportunities.
That’s why TAPP will introduced legislation to:
- Help parents better educate their children by providing parents with a $10,000 per child financial incentives for tutors, books, computers, and other related educational needs.
- Ensure that the federal government treats high school diplomas earned through home schooling the same as other high school diplomas.
Put Parents Back in Charge
TAPP wants parents to have the freedom to choose the best educational options for their children, and his commitment to ensuring homeschooling remains a practical alternative for Australian families is unmatched by any other Political Party.
As a Government TAPP will veto any legislation that encroaches on home schooling parents rights.
Returning control of education to parents and teachers on the local level.
- Parents have more quality time to train and influence their children.
- There is opportunity for each child to receive individualised attention and instruction.
- Parents are able to give guidance in areas of philosophy and religion.
- Children develop respect for parents as teachers.
- Spending more time together increases family unity and closeness.
- It provides a good environment for development of confidence and independent thinking.
- There is enhanced communication between all age groups due to the diversified learning environment.
- Home-schooled students demonstrate excellent academic progress.
- School hours are flexible to accommodate family schedules and vacations.